Can Stem Cells Aid in Anti-Aging Treatment?
Aging is a natural, unavoidable process of the body. Over time, the body’s cells will progressively degenerate and die, which then results in various signs of aging and health problems. For years, researchers have conducted studies to find an effective way to reverse/slow down the process of cell aging. Among the various current effective methods, the use of stem cells has attracted the attention of researchers and patients alike.
In recent years, stem cell therapy has emerged as a phenomenon of modern healthcare. Scientists believe that this type of medical treatment has a lot of potential in the treatment of diseases as well as anti-aging. The introduction of younger cells into the body is believed to repopulate the stem cell pool, hence promoting body rejuvenation.
Signs of Aging
While most signs of aging occur around 40 years old, they may appear much earlier depending on your lifestyle. For instance, smokers generally experience the aging process quickly due to their exposure to toxic elements.
Below are some common signs of aging:
- Poor concentration;
- Memory loss;
- Lack of energy;
- Mood swings;
- Hair loss;
- An increase in the number of wrinkles and age spots;
- Decreased sex drive;
- Degenerative diseases.
Get to know about stem cell therapy
What are stem cells?
Essentially, Stem cells are unspecialized cells with the ability to replicate, adapt and transform into other, more specialized ones. Normally, they lie dormant in the bone marrow and fat tissue. When the body is damaged, Cytokines – a group of multifunctional proteins in the immune system – send signals to these cells. Stem cells then scout out the damaged areas and differentiate to replace cells in the damaged area.
Based on their origin, stem cells can be divided into 2 main categories:
- Embryonic stem cells: These cells are derived from embryos, produced from In vitro fertilization (IVF).
- Adult stem cells: These cells are found in most adult tissues, including bone marrow, fat and umbilical cord.
Compared with embryonic stem cells, adult stem cells are less desirable in terms of differentiation potential. However, the use of adult stem cells is not as controversial as that of embryonic cells, as it does not require the destruction of embryos.
Stem cells’ anti-aging properties
Over time, signs of aging will gradually appear at a faster pace. Sagging skin, drooping eyelids, pale skin, hair loss, etc. are just some of the many inevitable changes to the body. Along with the aging process, the cells are impaired, leading to decreased beauty and immunity.
Stem cells are capable of providing anti-aging effects by repairing and regenerating the various body organs that have been damaged by toxic substances, injuries, and illnesses. As a result, they help refill the patient’s body with younger stem cells.
In addition, the introduction of stem cells also provides a significant boost to the immune system. As a person approaches the age of 40, he/she may begin to have physical problems associated with mature age, which can be treated with stem cells. The earlier you conduct the treatment, the more effective it is.
Stem cell therapy for Anti-Aging
Stem cell therapy is considered one of the best anti-aging methods. Unlike cosmetic surgery that merely changes the body’s outer appearance, stem cell therapy works on the basis of replacing weakened/damaged cells. As a result, your body will be recovered from within without the need for an invasive process.
Stem cell technology contributes to strengthening the body’s resistance, as well as improving facial skin by:
- Increasing skin resistance;
- Improve acne melasma, concave scars, acne scars;
- Reducing pigmentation, dark spots, skin lightening;
- Regenerating collagen and elastin at the damaged skin areas;
- Enhance skin firmness and elasticity;
How Stem cell treatment works
Typically, during a stem-cell-based anti-aging treatment, about 100-500 million p1 mesenchymal stem cells from the umbilical cord are transplanted into the patient via IV (intravenous) infusions and local injections. After the transplantation process, stem cells work to revitalize the body by:
- Repopulating/ replacing aging stem cells;
- Regenerating damaged tissue;
- Modulating the immune system;
- Producing anti-inflammatory mechanisms;
- Cell-to-Cell stimulatory effects;
You may be interested in: How is a Stem cell transplant carried out?
Anti-aging stem cell therapy is an advanced method that helps slow down/ reverse the aging process. The treatment is meant to strengthen the remaining cells, and to promote the development of new healthy cells.
Some of the anti-aging effects provided by stem cell therapy include:
1. Physical improvements
- Fewer headaches/ neck aches;
- Reduced soreness in the neck, arms, and legs;
- Reduced stiffness in the joints;
- Decreased fatigue;
- Healthy weight maintenance.
2. Aesthetic improvements
- Tighter skin;
- Fewer wrinkles and age spots;
- Younger appearance, even skin tone;
- Hair color changes from grey to black/normal;
- Hair growth;
3. Mental and Emotional improvements
- Increased energy levels;
- Improved mood, vitality, and libido;
- Improvement in life quality;
Special Considerations for Anti-Aging Stem Cell Therapy
Therapies based on stem cells are pretty new and there is a lot that we still need to learn.
- To start, there are particular challenges in preparing stem cells for use as a medicine. Unlike drugs, stem cells cannot necessarily be produced and tested for quality in large batches, and treatments may even be specific to one patient.
- For most diseases, it is still being determined which cells will work best to repair a particular damaged or diseased tissue, and how to get those cells to the right place in the body.
- Furthermore, side effects and long-term safety must be determined, since transplanted cells may remain for many years in patients’ bodies. Therefore, careful monitoring and extended follow-up of patients who receive stem cell treatments are extremely important.
Source: Kintaro Cells Power
Although new, the use of stem cell therapy for anti-aging has shown great potential. With more in-depth researches, scientists should be able to discover more interesting facts about these “miraculous” cells. In the meantime, if you can afford to perform stem cell treatment, chances are you will experience a significant boost to your health and beauty.
At GO.CARE, we work with the best stem cell hospitals and clinics in Southeast Asia. Our partners are based in countries such as Thailand, Japan, and Vietnam. The therapy they offer can aid in treating different diseases. For more information, please click here.
HEALTHCARE MADE SIMPLE – HEALTHCARE FOR EVERYONE
Visit GO.CARE’s website to learn more about clinics & hospitals that offer Stem Cell Treatment.
Need further information? We are ready to help – Send us a request now to get a completely free consultation!
GO.CARE does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions http://www.stemcellfacelift.us/Frequently-Asked-Questions.html. Accessed on June 13, 2019
Dental Pulp Stem Cells Therapy http://www.thaimedicalvacation.com/dental-pulp-stem-cells/. Accessed on June 13, 2019