MSQH Accreditation – Quality in Health of Malaysia
GO.CARE’s mission is connecting our patients with qualified hospitals in Asia. For medical tourism in Malaysia, this country has its own national accreditation for medical quality and that is MSQH.
Here is what an MSQH accreditation mean.
1. What does MSQH stand for?
First and foremost, the MSQH, fully known as the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health, is a non-governmental nonprofit organization established and registered with the Registrar of Societies in 1997. The MSQH’s primary aim is to monitor and maintain the quality of patients’ safety in healthcare.
Specifically, this includes:
- Facilitating the quality and safety improvements of different health services, which is achieved through healthcare standards development as well as education and performance assessment and accreditation.
- Developing and fortifying the collaboration and partnership with stakeholders and accreditation organizations.
- Promoting and performing the necessary research to improve the quality and safety of healthcare services.
- Bringing knowledge of adequate practices and healthcare safety/quality to a wider scope of acknowledgment
- Ensuring the organization’s financial sustainability, growth, and recognition.
2. MSQH services and functions
More specifically, as an organization, MSQH also acts as a provider of several services including:
- Education, training, and consultation for health care facilities
- Developing and reviewing nationally accepted and recognized healthcare standards in consultation with the industry and other professional organizations
- Conducting surveys and certification of health care facilities and services
- Carrying out a voluntary quality accreditation program for Malaysian health care institutes
- Hosting exhibitions, workshops, seminars, and conferences on accreditation, safety, and quality in health care
- Publishing relevant research materials for accreditation
- Promoting information services on quality in health care
3. MSQH Hospital Accreditation Program
Generally, the MSQH Hospital Accreditation Program (HAP) is a voluntary program whose primary aim is to help medical institutes assess the quality and safety of their own various healthcare services and promote a quality culture in the healthcare facility or organization.
Moreover, these assessments are always based on currently-effective national healthcare standards known as the MSQH Hospital Accreditation Standards, which have been developed by healthcare professionals and accepted on a nation-wide basis.
Furthermore, the MSQH HAP is an effective method in terms of helping healthcare organizations acquire external peer review, mutual learning and education, validation of performance and quality, as well as information on best practices in relevant fields.
Additionally, benefits that come with acquiring the MSQH HAP accreditation include:
- A validation of the performance standards provided at the accredited institute against the Malaysian quality health standards
- International recognition
- Fortified trust from the community and stakeholders
- Increased customer satisfaction
- A detailed analysis of performance for the organization
- Reduced risks and medical defense costs
- Improved staff morale and quality
4. Acquiring the accreditation
Generally, in order to become eligible for the accreditation, a medical organization must:
- Be a member of MSQH
- Have been operating for a minimum of 12 months
- Be a provider of services for which the MSQH have applicable Accreditation Standards
- Have unexpired and valid license to operate
- Have the necessary services available
- Complete, sign, and turn in a “Survey Application Form” to the MSQH
In addition to JCI, MSQH is one of the advance dimensions when choosing a health provider for GO.CARE in Malaysia. Therefore, our customers can always experience the best healthcare and treatments in this country.
1. MSQH – Who are we? http://www.msqh.com.my/home/msqh-who-are-we-3. Accessed June 17th 2018
2. The value. http://www.msqh.com.my/home/2016-03-21-08-31-59. Accessed June 17th 2018
3. The eligibility. http://www.msqh.com.my/home/2016-03-21-08-32-58. Accessed June 17th 2018
4. Overview Hospital Accreditation Programme. http://www.msqh.com.my/home/hospital-accreditation-program. Accessed June 17th 2018